23 April 2012

Current Obsession: Hunger Games

I finally got my hands on a copy of the Hunger Games trilogy (thanks Katie!) and spent pretty much the whole weekend reading obsessively. I read the first book in one sitting and didn't finish til 3am, and then immediately started the second book... I had to force myself to stop and get some sleep, but the next morning I couldn't resist and got so caught up I forgot to eat until the afternoon! I started the final book last night and have a feeling it won't take me long to devour that either.



Now that I've read the first book I'm really looking forward to going to the movie, I'm planning a date night with Owen this week sometime. Though of course Donald Sutherland has to be in it - he's given me the heebie-jeebies ever since watching Invasion of the Body Snatchers (creepy, right?) and seems to make an appearance in just about everything!

Oh, I've also had to add another excuse to my not-going-to-the-gym list: reading a really good book!

5 comments:

  1. These arrived this weekend and are on my bookshelf waiting to be read! Might have to move them up my reading list based on all of the amazing reviews I've been reading about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun series! I liked the movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you liked them!! Nothing better than a book so good you forget to do anything else :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read any of these books and no I sort of don't want to start. I don't THINK they'd be something I'd like, but I know if I did, I'd also end up being totally addicted! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! I've heard so many awesome things about 'The Hunger Games' :) Must. Get. INTO!

    ReplyDelete