07 February 2012

Where I'm From



I am from the edge of the world
from hokey pokey ice cream and bonfires on the beach.
From scavenger hunts and water divining
peas in the pod and smooth stones under bare feet.

I am from the lady in the bay
from lips stained with purple peaches and never locking the door.
From roller skating down the path and xmas in summer
making huts up the back and shelves overflowing with books.

I am from first to see the sun
from jumping off the old wharf and fruit juice mixed with lemonade.
From wandering the hills and the quiet streets
always ending up back at the place where I'm from.


Thanks to Alana for the inspiration. Here's the original poem, and a template if you want to write one too.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! This makes me want to write my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If you do I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete