08 February 2012

My Favourite Movies (of All Time)

There are some movies that I can watch over and over again, but still I never seem to get sick of them! If I had to pick only three, my favourites would be:

The Princess Bride
You know how some movies you loved as a kid, and then watch as an adult, leave you really disappointed? The Princess Bride is nothing like that. I think that I like it more every time I see it. When I found out that some of my friends hadn't seen it before I forced them to watch it, because if you haven't seen this movie, then I'm sorry but we can't be friends anymore.


Click here to watch the trailer. 

Favourite Quotes
  • Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
  • Inconceivable!
  • You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
  • Have fun storming the castle!
  • Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.


Super Troopers
I first saw this movie when I was sixteen, and I still find it hilarious. I'm not sure whether this means that my sense of humour hasn't progressed since then, or that Super Troopers is just so good. Watch it for yourself and you can decide!


Click here to watch the trailer.

Favourite Quotes
  • Who wants a moustache ride?
  • I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says "shenanigans".
  • He's already pulled over, he can't pull over anymore!
  • These boys get that syrup in 'em, they get all antsy in their pantsy.
  • Yes, you are freaking out... man.


Amélie
This movie always makes me smile (and want to go and live in Paris!). The story is sweet, the characters are quirky, and the imagery is beautiful. Amélie is a heroine for introverts, dreamers and lovers of crème brûlée everywhere.


Click here to watch the trailer.

Favourite Quotes
  • I like to look for things no one else catches.
  • With a prompter in every cellar window whispering comebacks, shy people would have the last laugh.
  • This is called facing reality. And that is exactly the last thing Amelie wants!
  • I'm nobody's little weasel.


What are your favourite movies?

No comments: