14 February 2012

Quarter Past Silly



You know how to be silly
That's why I like you
Boy are you ever silly
I never met anybody sillier than me till I met you
I like you because you know when it's time to stop being silly
Maybe day after tomorrow
Maybe never
Too late, it's a quarter past silly!
- from "I Like You" by Sandol Stoddard Warburg

Our friend Raewyn read this poem at our wedding, and this is my favourite verse - mostly because it's true! In honour of Valentines Day I thought I'd share some of the silly things that Owen and I get up to...

  • Making up crazy dances, like the Dinosaur
  • Nose licking competitions
  • Lots of play fighting (the dog always wants to get involved too)
  • Slapping da bass, mon
  • Pretending we can read the minds of the cat and dog and narrating what they think
  • Making up ridiculous nicknames, like Scuzz Rocket
  • Excessively quoting from our favourite movies
  • Communicating in cat noises

What shenanigans do you get up to with you significant other?

2 comments:

  1. Being silly is the best! How fun! My bf and I tend to make up a lot of songs and dances together about whatever we're doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poem, and I love shenanigans! I knew my husband was right for me as soon as we could act totally silly together. It's so much fun to be able to let your guard down with someone and just embrace the silly. we do it all the time, and I think it is a secret to our bliss!

    ReplyDelete