24 January 2012

Bicycle Love

I mentioned that one of my goals this year is to finish restoring my retro bicycle. At the moment it's very slow going, I'm getting close to finishing painting the body but need to buy more supplies and I just want to get it done already!

I'm really looking forward to riding around while the weather's still nice, and watching videos like this one (via LA) makes me even more impatient:


This reminds me of all the mornings biking to school with my friend Nicola. It was downhill all the way and we spent most of the time riding along with no hands and singing really loudly.

If I'd known about all these moves it would have been even more fun!

2 comments:

  1. oh , i can't wait to commute on my bike again! the weather has been super cold, but i think i should be able to ride again in a few weeks.

    i want to hear more about your bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely be posting some before and after photos once I've made some progress.

    At the moment my bike consists of a mostly painted frame in three parts, a basket, a seat with a new cover, wheels in questionable condition, and various mechanical parts which I have no idea how to reassemble (luckily Owen can deal with that bit!)

    ReplyDelete