14 October 2010

Inspiration: Treehouses

Between every two pines is a doorway to a new world.
- John Muir


Every crag and gnarled tree and lonely valley has its own strange and graceful legend attached to it.
- Douglas Hyde
When I was nine years old I had every intention of living in a treehouse when I grew up. Nowadays the practical implications (plumbing/heating/high winds) mean that I wouldn't want to live in one full time, but I'm still a little bit obsessed. I wonder if Owen will help me make a treehouse hideaway in our backyard? I feel another project coming on...


Links
Treehouse of Amaze by Kris Atomic
Travel Fantasy: Treehouse Point by A Cup of Jo
Treehouse Inspiration at Pitch
Top 8 Most Amazing Treehouses at Freshome
Exotic Treehouse Wedding Destinations at Wedding Noveau
A Backyard Treehouse Inspired by Hobbits at Hooked on Houses