23 September 2007

Little Adventures

My plans for a big weekend adventure didn’t happen, but I managed to keep busy with some little adventures instead.

Adventure #1
On Saturday morning I went to the Lyttleton Farmers Market for the first time. Finding a park was an adventure in itself, and I was pleased to find that my car hadn't rolled away after I ended up parking on a pretty steep hill!

From the market I bought:
  • Half a dozen free range eggs
  • A wedge of award winning cheese
  • Salad greens
  • A selection of honey
  • Handmade chocolate (how could I not?)
I also tried hot chocolate with chilli, which was actually quite nice. I found a recipe here to try and make some at home next time the weather turns cold. On the way home from the market I bought a bunch of daffodils in honour of the Spring Equinox.


Adventure #2
After a nap, which was interrupted by the rehearsal of our neighbour’s death metal band, I went shopping with my sister in town. I resisted the temptation to buy clothes, and instead bought a teacup & saucer set from a strange little antique store.

Adventure #3
On Saturday night I went to my friend Julia’s house warming, which was fun (and a lot more civilised than the sort of thing we did a couple of years ago!)

Adventure #4
I’m thinking about starting Flamenco classes next term after going to the workshop on Sunday afternoon.

And because it was held at the Art Gallery, I couldn’t resist having a look at the Moleskines at the store which of course lead to the purchase of a 2008 diary. Once I found out a couple of weeks age that the diary had stickers I knew it was only a matter of time before I bought one.