28 February 2012

Current Obsession: Ultimate Sandwich


Ever since reading this blog post I've become obsessed with the ultimate sandwich. So much so that about 80% of my diet currently consists of sandwiches or sandwich derivitives. When I tried to make a shopping list today I couldn't think of anything else we could have for a meal.

The key is to make a sandwich so big that you can only just manage to take a bite. I've been dreaming up the best combinations and our latest attempt included (from top to bottom):
  • Ciabata bread
  • Melted cheese
  • Avocado
  • Cos lettuce
  • Sundried tomoato
  • Chicken
  • Mushrooms fried in butter
  • Artichoke
  • More melted cheese
  • Ciabata bread


I can't wait for Thursday, which is officially ultimate sandwich night at our house!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! My bf recently said that my family is obsessed with sandwiches, and I never even knew it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stomach just growled reading this. Enjoy your ultimate sandwich...it sounds incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, that sounds amazing! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a seriously epic sandwich. I now have the very sad feeling that the lunch I made to take to work tomorrow is sadly lacking. LOL. :P

    ReplyDelete