05 September 2008

Moving to London

Once we returned from France Owen and I had some decisions to make about where to live next. We spent a couple of days in Cornwall looking at options, but the best job prospect was working at a toy factory for minimum wage which didn't really appeal...

My back-up plan was London, so we sorted out transport and a place to stay for the first couple of nights at a cheap hostel. We started looking for accommodation almost straight away, and intensified our search when our room began to leak (even though it wasn't on the top floor) and one of the other guests was awoken in the night when a rat bit him on the chin.

We were very lucky to find the perfect place really quickly, and moved in straight away. I love our new apartment! It comes complete with one other tenant, a spacious bedroom with a good sized wardrobe, and our own bathroom. Bliss!


Finding full time work is more of a challenge, but we both have some temporary work lined up and I'm sure there will be more to follow. In the meantime I will be spending my days catching up on my travel journal, finally getting around to sending some long overdue emails, and meeting up with friends passing through London.